Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Addie's Room

Two more weeks!!! Two more weeks from today and our precious little girl will be here!! We absolutely can not wait. I keep hoping and wishing and praying that she will come early, but am preparing myself to wait the full two weeks. Life is getting progressively more difficult as a pregnant lady. My belly is HUGE! I'm still working and plan on working until the day I go into labor and my belly is definitely getting in the way as I work on my patients. It also makes it difficult to find a comfortable position when I'm sleeping.... well actually when I'm sitting or standing too! But it is all worth it and we are thrilled that Addie is a healthy, growing baby. We have our bags packed for the hospital, car seat installed, and nursery ready...all we need now is baby Addie! Here are some pictures of Addie's nursery. I must give my husband all the credit. He did all the painting, hanging, etc. Good job Hank!!!


Changing table/dresser
We bought this dresser at a furniture thrift store and Hank repainted it. It was our $35 bargain!


My sister, Melissa painted this for Addie! She is going to be such a good Aunt.


Addie's crib




My favorite thing in the room - the chandelier


We will put our glider in this corner - it is ordered, but not here yet


6 comments:

  1. i love it! it looks so peaceful! baby addie will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, guys! Marie, have you ever looked at Uppercase Living? I would love to give you something as a baby gift, if you'll give me some ideas of what you like. Check out: http://jdp.uppercaseliving.com. You can email me from that site if you find some things you like. It's vinyl lettering that will make your walls look like they were hand painted!

    I'm so glad you guys have a blog. It's fun to read about your progress. Loved Hank's hair dye, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm jealous of the changing table find - from a thrift store!!! Yay! Your my kinda gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Nursery pics...finally!! :) I LOVE it! (And I'm sure Addie will too...) It looks like a room ready for a little princess, which is very fitting, I think. The bedding is ADORABLE, by the way. Good job, friend. And tell Hank everything looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! Baby Addie will be here soon. I'm so glad you posted pictures!!! You did a wonderful job and Addie will love it! The bedding is perfect, and I love the art your sister made, and the chandelier, and the beautiful curtains...all of it. Addie is so very loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painting is the sweetest thing ever...and I love the chandelier too!! Can't wait to meet Addie :)

    ReplyDelete