Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hank's at-home dye job

So, in the past month or two I've been watching Hank's hair go through some changes. It had started to turn a reddish/blond color around his temples, forehead, and even his eyebrows. I'm definitely not the only one who has noticed, because he has gotten several comments from friends, family and co-workers asking him if he's dyed his hair! Hank's hair was blond as a child, but it is usually a light brown color and I've never seen it look so blond. I was convinced that this new pattern of color had to mean that he was about to start losing his hair or that it was on its way to turning gray.



This picture does not do it justice, but notice the blondish/red color around Hank's temple!

So one morning Hank comes running out of the bathroom and says, "I've figured it out! I know what's going on with my hair!!" You see, Hank being the economical man that he is started a new habit of clipping coupons from the paper. He decided to try a new brand of facial cleansing pads (Clearasil) and come to find out they contain hydrogen peroxide! We were both relieved to find out that his hair was not in fact turning gray or on its way out!! Needless to say, he threw out the hair bleaching facial cleansing pads....we are still waiting for the at-home dye job to grow out!!

5 comments:

  1. how funny!!!! i was going to say maybe he is going to turn grey... craig definitely added some while i was pg with jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Glad he isn't going bald! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I was with Danielle thinking you were going to say that Hank was graying over the course of the pregnancy... Glad that is not the case yet. :) Thanks for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gordon and I got a good laugh out of this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...I'm cracking up at my desk right now. That is HILARIOUS. I'm glad he figured out what the culprit was! And now you know that you can use Clearasil facial cleansing pads to bleach your hair, in the event that you want that peroxide-bleached look, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete